About Me

My photo
He's just this dude, y'know.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Rant Rant Rant Ka-booom!!

 I know its crazy isnt it..... over three weeks to get some blackcurrent juice out of  a laptop! I think they are way too busy looking at my photos and lists of unpublished blogs, probably saying things along the lines of "lets save the cyber world  some time and just bin the damn thing".
 Well after half a dozen phonecalls about how slow they are and how they need to get on with things instead of playing World of Warcraft or whatever those geeks do I was informed that they had done all the "in Warranty" repairs and that I needed a new battery as the old one had burnt out( yeah I know how it feels). Now the thing is this is the second battery in 12 months so with any stretch of the imagination its not old but they are saying that its general wear and tear.They also inform me that as the original battery was bought over 12 months ago it is now out of warranty and I would be liable to pay for a replacement.
   O.k, after a "spirited" exchange with a young girl in customer service it turns out that the warranty runs from the date of the original purchase not the date of replacement....??? I would have thought that the warranty assures that the product is covered for 12 months and each replacement would have a further 12 months cover as each is a new(not recon) product. Not so.
 Having been given an estimated replacement cost of £12.00 I thought its not worth the aggro, just get them to send a new one out and all will be well in the world.......oh how wrong could I be! The actual cost of replacement came through on the bill as .......£130.00 (WHATTTT!!) I checked online and the cost of the very same item from HP was £45.00 and a generic on E-bay was £27.00.

Hmmm now what should I do? yeah thats right tell em to "shove it where the sun dont shine Buddy!!".

Now isnt this the sort of thing that winds you up? It gets me so mad.


 So after a lot of tooing and froing I will be reunited with my laptop very soon, and dont you just know that they will have wiped the hard drive as a part of the repair(vengeful act).


Post brought to you by the power of "Moms Computer"

P.s just you wait till I am plugged in once more I'll be "blowin up yo readers".

6 comments:

Steve said...

I fail to see how any repair on a computer that does not directly involve the data on the hard drive should result in that hard drive being wiped? Or am I being too simple about this? No hard drive gets wiped by accident or in passing. It was revenge, my friend. An eye for an eye is called for!

VEG said...

BURNT OUT? In a year? Do you use it 24 hours a day and leave it in the oven at night at 400 degrees? WTF? Also they charged HOW much? Were they planning on manufacturing it out of gold and hand delivering it to you wrapped in silk along with a sandwich and a beer?

Holy crap. :)

joebloggs said...

veg- I know some of the pictures that "just pop up"*cough cough* are pretty hot but still! And as for the cost, do they think I'm some little old lady they can fool, Idunno tsk.

Steve- yes revenge must be metted out, will look in my little "Book of Dastardly Deeds". I may need to get you to send them one of your excess homless turds and if you could stick a Duracell in the top, that should do it :)

Suzanne said...

Ouch - not good.
(So you have a book of "Dastardly Deeds", but do you have a Muttley?)

joebloggs said...

"Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!"

joebloggs said...

khhhhhhee khhhhhhhe khhhhhhhe khhhhhhhhe!!